3 tbs butter
1/2 red bell pepper
2 tbsp. flour
1/2 c half and half
1/2 c milk
8 oz bag shredded cheese
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 lb rotini pasta
8 oz cubed or julienned ham
extra cheese for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in sauce pan.
2. Saute 1/2 onion and 1/2 red pepper in the butter.
3. Stir in two tablespoons of flour
4. When that has thickened, add one cup of half and half and one cup of milk, and an 8 oz bag of shredded cheese of your choice. I used sharp cheddar. Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup sour cream.
5. Add 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp nutmeg.
6. When this mixture is thickened, turn off heat…
7 Meanwhile…. heat up a large sauce pan of water and cook one lb of the pasta of your choice. I used Rotini.
8. Drain pasta when finished and place into 13 x 9 pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
9. Pour and stir sauce into pasta, add 8 oz. of cubed or julienned ham
10 . Sprinkle as much cheese as you want on top and bake at 350 for about a half an hour.
Good for when you are craving some comfort food!
Its really yummy and of course you do not have to add the ham if you prefer vegetarian meal.