What are you going to do with all those left overs… sandwiches… for sure.. a full lunch plate… What about the carcass?… I am boiling a large piece of our victim for some turkey soup. Boil… strain, add some spices, veggies and pasta or rice…that’s it… very easy! Try it..!!
We served ours over egg noodles prepared separately.
Turkey Soup (from leftovers)
Leftover turkey soup is easy to make and good tasting.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: not including boiling turkey 30 minutes
Total time: 50-60 minutes
- one turkey carcass (boiled)
- 6-8 quarts water
- 1 tsp (adjust to taste) salt
- 1 tsp (adjust to taste) pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 2 cups coarsely chopped turkey
- 4 (adjust to taste)) tsp caldo de pollo
- Boil turkey carcass for 2-3 hours in enough water to cover. After boiling, strain stock to separate out solids. return stock to stove top, adding seasonings and onions. Simmer on medium for 30 minutes.. adjust seasonings then add veggies.Simmer until carrots are to your liking. Add the turkey meat and heat through.