Love shrimp and love enchiladas so… I am going to try this in the NEAR future:
The holidays are quickly approaching and I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for meals that simplify my day. I would much rather be decking the halls than peeling potatoes, if you catch my drift. This recipe screams simplicity and Mexican (two of my favorite things) all rolled up into one! You can’t ask for anything better. Even though it is a casserole, I found it to be good wrapped in a tortilla, as well. Also, feel free to add what you like: sour cream, guacamole, corn, etc. The sky’s the limit!
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 21/2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 4 medium green onions (sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped
- i cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cups sliced olives
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In 12 inch skillet brown ground beef. Drain. Stir in refried beans,salsa,and taco seasoning and water. Heat to boil stirring occasionally. In ungreased 2 quart casserole place
- 2 cups of broken tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell peppers, onions, 1 cup of the tomato, cheese, and olives.
- Bake uncovered 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Top baked casserole with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato and remaining tortilla chips